Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Saturday, Nov. 3- Church Day!

So, we decided to see the two big churches in the city, the Sacre Coeur and Notre Dame. We started our journey north, to the Sacre Coeur as it is quite far by metro. Once we arrived...we had no idea where we were going. Fortunately there was a huge church in front of us called the Abbesses and there was a map! The LUCK! So we started off up the hill.
this church has this overall feeling of beautiful hope with tall white spires, gold plating and amazing imagery throughout the interior. i would rather taken pictures on the inside of this one, but it is prohibited.
On the outside we walked around for a little bit and saw a random concert on the plaza, with this french guy who was singing thing from Bob Marley to Gladis Knight to Cake to much more. So fun.
We sat for a sucre crepe, sugar crepe, and a Heineken before going on to find the Notre Dame. Back on the metro!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I KNEW IT!!!!! YEA!!!!! I'm so so so so oh so happy for you guys and love to know that you will be so happy for the rest of your lives together. I love you both...and can't wait to talk to you - I'll call ya in about 10 minutes!

Eeeeeeeeeeee - holy mother! :)

Lisa

Lisa said...

I KNEW IT!!!!! YEA!!!!! I'm so so so so oh so happy for you guys and love to know that you will be so happy for the rest of your lives together. I love you both...and can't wait to talk to you - I'll call ya in about 10 minutes!

Eeeeeeeeeeee - holy mother! :)

Lisa